Welcome To A Bucket Of Random

I have started many creative projects over the years. Most of them have, to be perfectly honest, been abject failures.

For example, I have a book for sale on Amazon somewhere that when I got a royalty check for it a couple of years ago the amount was so damned small that it was barely worth sending to me. I'm honestly not even sure how I spent that thirty-nine cents.

The book was kinda hot garbage to begin with. It was for the most part a collection of blog posts from a project that I have long since killed and made sure to line the grave with concrete so that nothing could ever escape. Why? Well, when I wrote the thing I had absolutely no perspective based on the age that I was at the time. That and I didn't edit the thing and reading it back one time I found so many small grammatical errors that I felt like shooting the book into the sun.

Hell, my mother even got involved in the fact that she left a comment on Amazon pointing out some glaring inaccuracies about some trip that we went on where I was making something up out of whole cloth instead of saying "Yeah, the Shell station in Au Agres, Michigan had sandwiches with really thick bread on them"

I still keep the book for sale, and you could probably buy it if you looked hard enough. That being said, it is kind of a dumpster fire in its execution. 

So, what exactly am I doing? Well, while I don't think that I have enough time clocked in on Earth to write a biography I do have some pretty funny stories that I would like to present to you all in a comical fashion.

Some will be as stone serious as something can get, like the time I got the call when my mom died while I was in a pharmacy and had to wait ten minutes to pick up a prescription.

Or, we'll have some fun stuff like when my wife and I were moving in 2016 and I made what I would generously call what might be the strangest choice of music to listen to while driving at three-thirty in the morning. At least it's what my wife would tell you.

Anyway, I have stories and I feel like sharing them. Hopefully you like them.


Comments